Upper floor - Departure to the industrial age
Main focus: The company Glas & Lohr special manufactory for seeders
Inventions and perceptions in science and technique constituted the basic requirement of industrial work since the 18th century. Dingolfing and its surroundings were gripped by the development especially after the opening of the railroad in 1880. During that time of profound changes, the company Glas & Lohr appeared by building a special manufactory for seeders in 1908.
First floor - On the way to the new time
Main focus: The Hans Glas GmbH – The economic miracle company
During the 1950s, in the newly-founded Federal Republic of Germany, the economic miracle took place. The company Glas stepped into the production of motor scooters. The building of the legendary "Goggomobil" in 1955 changed Dingolfing into a distinguished industrial location in Lower Bavaria.
Basement - Dingolfing with BMW
Main focus: Factory 2 of the BMW AG - High power factory
The BMW AG took over Hans Glas GmbH and built one of the latest state-of-the-art automobile factories in the world. In the 1970s robots and computers found one's way into the working world. About 20,000 employees and a daily production with over 1,000 first-class automobiles turned the factory into a global player.